A defense exporter wins a large contract to deliver systems to a Government agency in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Under the Incoterm Delivery at Place (DAP), the shipper is responsible for in-country storage, integration of system equipment and final delivery to several military sites around Abu Dhabi, including remote island locations. Payment terms were on a Letter of Credit, over a 3 year period.
Freight is shipped from North America by air and ocean, in addition to drop shipments from European suppliers.
- Understanding of the import process for Government shipments into Abu Dhabi
- Required a registered local agent to facilitate paperwork and customs clearance
- Requested local assistance for movement and storage of equipment
- Required to submit original paperwork as per the Letter of Credit for payment
- To manage and coordinate European suppliers for drop shipments to Abu Dhabi
The Strategic Solution
- Our understanding of the Government import process for the Abu Dhabi allowed our client to plan accordingly without missing delivery deadlines
- Obtained the necessary approval letters based on the commodity to facilitate the import
- Worked closely with our in-country partner to provide storage facilities on short and long term basis
- Managed the exports from the USA and Europe to arrive in-country, as required
- Ensured the outgoing paperwork was compliant to US regulations and timelines
- Obtained landing permissions for air shipments into Abu Dhabi
- Provided a secured warehousing solution that also included inventory of received items, consolidation or deconsolidation as necessary, and preparation for local delivery
- Arranged domestic deliveries on a timely basis to Government bases, including remote island sites
- Facilitated the re-export for defective / damaged material back to the USA or Europe for repair
- Prepared and submitted original documentation as outlined per the Letter of Credit
How We Can Help
As your partner in Global Trade, we build a relationship with our clients in order to fully understand the requirements and provide unique solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industries. Our understanding of Import/Export for Government agencies in various international countries sets us apart and allows our clients to plan appropriately for the needs and requirements of deliveries. We can review and provide support when a Letter of Credit is involved to ensure you get paid as per the timelines stated in the document.